Greetings from Portugal

Greetings from Portugal

Postby Tempos Medievais » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Hello wargamers,

I am Rui and a wargamer. I always wanted it visit Gibraltar. I tried to visited the territory six months ago. And i had planned to contact your club. But the planes failed completely.

I just visited one month ago but to much to see with short time. For that reason i didnt contact you.

Well i am doing it right know ... i loved Gibraltar!

I really want to understand what your community like to play. It seems to me that is more GW world, right?

It would be very nice if we can arrange a tournament between Portugal vs Gibraltar (40k or/and fantasy).

Best,
Rui

Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Portugal

Postby Anarkhia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi Tempos, welcome to the forum.

It's great to see someone interested in our little community and we encourage anyone and everyone to come by and visit.

Our community as a majority mainly play Warhammer 40k, with a handful of fantasy and warmahorde players too. I am also a dropzone commander player but I am still trying to rope some people to collect with me lol ;).

Would be cool if we could arrange a little event between Portugal and Gib like you mentioned. Maybe we could organise something like that in the near future.

On the topic of events we are holding a 40k combat patrol event this Saturday and you would be more than welcome to come by and have a look. If you are interested the details of time and location for the event can be found here http://www.warbastion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

Postby Tempos Medievais » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:29 am

Anarkhia,

I am forbidden to send PM? I tried to click on "Contact Anarkhia" and nothing happens.

About Gibraltar i like the concept of a "enclave" (no ofense, please) in the middle of the spanish territory. For all the reasons ... when i crossed the border was fantastic to feel that we are in a different country but at the same time, i heard several languages: english, spanish, portuguese ad italian. It was great to feel a "cosmopolitan place", we can pay even with the two coins ... amazing. Near of burger ranch, in one of the tables i found my lucky coin :D

Five pence with a Gibraltar Monkey! :mrgreen:

Well enough off topic, right ...

I played 40k for many years, but the constant rulebooks changes and the faction/army lists always outdated it really upset me. And here in Portugal most of wargamers like to play 1500 to 2000 pts. I always loved to play the combat patrol system 400 to 500pts. I felt always a outsider. For that reason i stop play 40k, but i stille have my space marines army and kroot army list to play combat patrol.

I had already saw your event and looks great.

Right now i am playing historical wargames like medieval and modern/ultra. But i know many 40k players. Let me see if i can prepare "a group" to conquer your club by defeating all of you (malefic voice) ;)

If i get a good number of players i am going to tell you and then we think a about a day to have the battle meeting. And i also invite to come to Portugal (Lisbon), we can play here too.

Best,
Rui

Site Admin

Postby Vangeleon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Rui,

Thanks for the post

Challenge Accepted. :)

Like yourself havent really played much 40k over last couple years, having moved over to Privateer Press's Warmachine & Hordes, however for such an event id be happy to dust off the old tau and give you guys a game.

Postby Tempos Medievais » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi Vangeleon,

I appreciated your words. ;)

PM are right now okay.

Anarkhia, sorry for receiving a PM test, too.

Best,
Rui

Postby conscriptboris » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Hey Tempos,

Good to hear from someone wanting to challenge us to a team event. Im sure all club members will be interested. Also, if the one in Gibraltar gets off the ground, maybe a return visit to portugal would be in order!

:)

Elvis

Postby Tempos Medievais » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Elvis,

I see you want to play at home first ... :D

Get intel about your "enemy" in your club ...

I am going to see what i can do to form a group of players here.

Best,
Rui

Postby Tempos Medievais » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Shipping Worldwide for just 4,00€

It´s true. Our company is avaiable to send our miniatures range: http://www.temposmedievais.com/overseaswaruk

To all the countries in the world!

The time for delivery may vary for 1 to 2 weeks.

Good shopping ;)

Postby Flatron » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi,

i can't find you, can you write a private message?

----------------------------------------------------------

santechnikas vilniuje

Postby Flatron » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:32 pm

look at my message ;)

-------------------------------------------

seo paslaugos

Return to Offtopic